Mentoring youth may include tutoring or life skills training and coaching. Healthy, supportive relationships formed between youth and their adult mentors can create immediate and long-term benefits that help the youth and mentors, both.
Benefits to mentored youth:
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitudes about education
- Higher college enrollment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Improved self-esteem and self-confidence
- Healthier behaviors, at home and at school
- Strengthened relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Stronger interpersonal skills
- Decreased likelihood of drug and alcohol use (MENTOR, 2009; Cavell, DuBois, Karcher, Keller, & Rhodes, 2009)
To learn more about opportunities to develop a mentoring relationship, please contact us.